Konica Minolta Unveils Expanded Technology Portfolio at Graph Expo 2016
Demonstrations on the latest digital innovations in production printing, solutions and enhancements highlighted during Graph Expo 2016 include game-changing Konica Minolta bizhub™ PRESS C71cf and MGI JETvarnish 3DW
Ramsey, NJ – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leader in the graphic communications industry, will be exhibiting a range of expanded technology offerings and forward-thinking solutions in the fields of industrial/decorative print, commercial printing, labeling/packaging, and prototyping/short run manufacturing at booth #1801 during Graph Expo. The conference will be held from Sept 25-28, 2016 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The line-up of exciting new products and services are designed to provide new productivity levels, help clients grow revenues and contain costs.
Among some of the featured highlights, designed to enhance the way that companies achieve their strategic objectives, are the following:
- AccurioPRESS C2070 – premiering in the U.S. under the company’s new line of production and industrial products, Accurio, the latest toner-based digital PRESS C2070 is a full color product that prints on paper and envelopes. This is the next generation of the bizhub PRESS C1070 series in the Accurio line which supports media up to 350 gsm, has a 3,000-sheet high capacity stacker, and comes with semi-automated front-to-back registration and skew correction. The PRESS has already been certified with Plockmatic finishing solutions, which are also compatible with the bizhub PRESS C1100 and 1250 series, ultimately streamlining workflow to expand print services.
- bizhub™ PRESS C71cf – the latest continuous feed, toner-based, easy-to-operate digital label printer of its kind. Printing at speeds up to 62’/min on rolls 13” wide and leveraging proven Konica Minolta’s HDe dry toner technology, this press provides1200x1200 dpi resolution with push button ease. The bizhub PRESS C71cf is the perfect fit for businesses looking at a low-risk first entry into digital label production, or as an efficient short-run solution to an existing digital print operation.
- EngageIT iLabel – a powerful software application designed for the bizhub PRESS C71cf. It will allow operators to set-up and produce high quality short runs with an easy- to-use interface. iLabel also allows precise control of margins and spacing between labels and positions eye marks to aid in off-line finishing operations.
- SpartanicsSRL350 – provides both semi-rotary die cutting and laser options to provide ultimate flexibility in label finishing. The SRL350 is module-based and is easily configured with options such as lamination, dual-rewind, and UV coating. The unit sets up easily and allows complex shaped jobs to get out the door quickly.
- MGIJETvarnish 3DW – delivers exceptional print enhancement value to the label market by adding beneficial shelf impact with colorful, eye-catching tactile effects that improve brand identification and consumer appeal. The JETvarnish 3DW supports roll media, is completely digital and allows printers to add spot UV coating and embossed hot foiling without dies, screens or expensive tooling on narrow webs up to 16.5”.
Additional MGI family of products exhibited include:
- MGI JETvarnish 3DS small format sheet system – the varnish formula in combination with the Konica Minolta print heads has the ability to create a 3D effect on laminated surfaces or on toner directly. The variable data option adds full personalization capabilities for a maximum one-to-one marketing impact. The digitalization of the spot UV finishing can take a few sheets from each job and spot UV coat it, producing sellable proofs so clients can see, touch and feel the effect that their jobs could have.
- MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution – The MGI JETvarnish 3D Evo delivers high-volume productivity with up to 4,065 B2 sheets size per hour. Its 8-up format (29”x47’’) delivers extra added-value and sensory dimensional textures to printed output. The 100% digital technology provides quick prototyping, short run customization flexibility and the ability to use variable data for personalizing text and graphics on every piece produced.
- MGI Meteor Unlimited – a powerful range of digital print production systems launched at drupa 2016, the Unlimited Colors product series features MGI Meteor digital presses fully integrated with MGI’s award-winning iFOIL module to create inline printing and foiling solutions that go far beyond a simple 5th or 6th color. Print Service Providers (PSPs) and converters are now able to produce output with a virtually unlimited number of colors via the blending of CMYK toner and the reflective qualities of foil – including a rainbow spectrum of hues with metallic, glitter and holographic effects.
Augmented reality brings the AccurioJet KM-1 to life. Stop by booth #1801 and experience the KM-1 Inkjet PRESS through the augmented reality hololens:
The AccurioJetKM-1, B2 digital inkjet press represents Konica Minolta’s flagship entry into the high-quality, UV inkjet marketplace employing Konica Minolta’s inkjet head technology and ink design technology combined with the advanced image processing technology that Konica Minolta has developed. The product can print on sheets up to 23” x 29.5” in size, allowing effective impositions including 6-up imposition of letter size and book cover printing, and is also capable of duplex printing. At 3,000 4/0 sheets per hour, the AccurioJet KM-1 sets a new standard for variable, cut sheet productivity.
Other booth features in workflow automation include:
Konica Minolta’s Customer Communications Management (CCM) Production Services Bus – this describes a solution set that differentiates the company’s strategic approach to the graphic communications marketplace. It includes core workflow solutions that interact with the transport layer for job metadata, digital assets, external information bridging, cloud processing and performance tracking. The focus is on cloud-based solutions where practical. Managed components provide professional services offerings for marketing campaign management, marketing analytics and trade-priced 3D printing fulfillment.
AccurioPRO is a series of digital printing solutions and services offered by Konica Minolta to promote automation of printing tasks with a view to improve work efficiency, reducing production time and ensuring effective quality control.
The company will showcase two collaborative software products: AccurioPro Conductor, which enables management of multiple Konica Minolta presses at a higher efficiency and AccurioPro Flux, which provides enhanced makeready, preflight, submission and job status across all Konica Minolta devices and most other manufacturer’s devices.
Connecting the printing community
PROKOM is an online community which launched this month to clients in North America, offering members educational content, opportunities for business networking and “thought leadership” exchanges. Companies are being invited to join this community of Konica Minolta production print and industrial print users to share ideas through joint discussions, develop and grow efficient digital communication services, as well as become a platform for members to express their own voice and cross-pollinate with others in the industry. PROKOM members can actively engage with Konica Minolta senior management about their priorities for future design, functionality, technology and services while building profitable, long-lasting relationships.
“We are excited to bring our latest innovations to the public eye at Graph Expo 2016, the premier industry event,” said Kevin Kern, senior vice president, Business Intelligence Services and Product Planning, Konica Minolta. “The combination of our innovative hardware and technology with our provided solutions creates a powerful experience for clients to achieve an improved quality of output.”
Press Contact:About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. is a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services. We are reshaping the Workplace of the Future™ (www.reshapework.com). Our portfolio of offerings deliver solutions to improve our customers’ speed to market, manage technology costs, and facilitate the sharing of information to increase productivity. The All Covered IT Services division offers a range of IT strategy, support, project and cloud computing solutions across all verticals. Konica Minolta has won numerous awards and recognition, including placement in the Leaders Quadrant on the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services (MPS) and Managed Content Services (MCS). Konica Minolta has been recognized as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for nine consecutive years. Konica Minolta, Inc. has also been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for four years in a row. For more information, please visit: www.CountOnKonicaMinolta.com and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter@konicaminoltaus.
Kristina Marchitto, Public Relations Manager
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
bizhub and Workplace of the Future are registered trademarks of Konica Minolta, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.